IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment 2021: Indian Institute Of Management Ahmedabad Has Published A Notification For The Assistant Librarian Post. Invites Online Applications From Eligible Candidates. Details Of IIM Ahmedabad Assistant Librarian Jobs Such As Education Qualification, Age Limit, Selection Process, Salary, Application Fee, How To Apply, Etc. Are Given Below.
IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment 2021
|Job Recruitment Board||Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad|
|Job Type||Contract Basis|
IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment 2021 Details
- Assistant Librarian
- Maximum 40 years as on the last date of application. Institute provide age relaxation as per GOI rules. Additional 5 years’ age relaxation is given to the women candidates.
- First Class (60% or above) in MLISc or equivalent qualification with NET/SLET/SET qualified.
- Overall 8 years of experience in an academic library of repute.
- Managing Library in a computerized environment with experience in innovative applications of ICT in library operations/services.
- Managing e-resources including e-journals, e-books, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall supervision of allocated section’s that may include Print Resources and Acquisition section / e-Resource acquisition section / Circulation section / Reference Section / IT section/ General Administration).
- Overall management, monitoring and supervision of respective sections including technology, staff and materials.
- Vikram Sarabhai Library is open round the clock and throughout the year. Hence it is expected that Assistant Librarians will have to attend to shift duties and weekly holidays will be on rotation basis.
- To interact with the academic community of the Institute in order to determine their requirements of reading/learning materials and facilitate access to the same by the library.
- Guiding and helping to the section team in performing their allotted tasks.
- Correspondence with faculty, students and other staff members related to the section work.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual budget/revised budget of the section.
- Communication with the external stakeholders like supplier/vendors/publishers and internal stakeholders like library staff, other departments (of the Institute), regarding their section’s work.
- Implementing latest tools and techniques (including Information Technology) and new services in the section.
- Preparation and updating of section manual (library procedures, rules and regulations, processes and services of their section).
- Orientating library users about library resources and services.
- Coordinating and organizing section meetings regularly and preparation of the minutes of meetings and follow-up the decisions.
- Management and development of staff in their section.
- Involve in stock taking work and circulation desk duties of the library.
- Guidance and training to the trainees when he/she joins the section.
- Preparation and documentation of all relevant statistics of the section.
- Monitoring the maintenance and upkeep work of the Library.
- Any other work assigned by the Librarian
Salary /Pay Scale
- The selected candidates will be offered a fixed-term appointment for a period of three years on a consolidated monthly salary on CTC mode, which may be extended for a further period as required. Salary will not be a constraint for the deserving candidate and will be commensurate with the candidate’s profile and experience.
Selection Procedure : IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment
How to Apply : IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment
- Interested candidates are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY From the Below Link.
Note: The Applicants Are Requested to Read the Official Notification Carefully Before Apply.
|IIM Ahmedabad Recruitment: Important Links|
|Apply Online||Click Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|